Happy Family

Happy Family

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!









Easter means different things to different people. We enjoy the new matching dresses (thanks mom!), Easter egg hunts (minus the sugar- the one I hosted had puzzle pieces and we all worked together to put the puzzle together at the end) and the birds nest cupcakes (loaded with sugar), dying eggs, and time spent with family.
We hid the baskets this year. When Tessa found hers, Siena was so excited for her, that she didn't even ask or assume that she had one too, and it didn't bother her. (Of course, she got one too, she just had to find it first). I was really proud of her!
But most of all, I love the opportunity that Easter provides to reflect on the life of our Savior, his birth and ultimate sacrifice for us. I came to a deeper understanding of that this year, and being a mother gives me a different perspective on the sacrifice not only of Jesus, but that our Heavenly Father made in allowing his son to be sacrificed on our behaves. I am eternally grateful for this knowledge and the opportunity it provides us to return to our Father in Heaven after our brief journey on this earth.

No comments: