Happy Family

Happy Family

Friday, April 30, 2010

Girlified

BEFORE

See, she likes it!


AFTER




The infant cars seat Siena used was blue striped. I got so many people complimenting my cute "boy" as a result, and got so sick of it! I thought I would probably get a boy this time around though, so I wasn't too worried about it. I never imagined I would be lucky enough to have 2 girls! So this time, I decided to take it into my own hands and girlify the thing. First my amazing and extremely talented childhood friend Erin made the adorable canopy for me. (check out her website.She will truly inspire you!)
Then I realized it wouldn't be that hard to sew a little cover to hide the blue seat insert. I like to be craftsy, but you should know that I'm generally a bit hesitant to do anything that required the use of a sewing machine. I just have really bad luck with them! Somehow that mini spool of thread you put in underneath always gets stuck in the sewing mechanism or a big bunch gets stuck in the fabric, causing the rest of the stitching to get loose and ends up being one huge mess of thread that I have to cut off and start all over, just to have the same thing happen.
Miraculously, that never happened while sewing this project!
Which really IS a miracle, considering that that is exactly what happened the next day on the sewing machine after gaining the confidence from this creation, when I tried to fix my pajama bottoms after ripping a huge hole in (from butt to the back of my knee). How's that for a run-on sentence?!
Anyway, long story short, I am very proud of myself for this experiment gone right. And no nobody had an excuse to tell me how cute my little "boy" is!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

What cute girls and love the new car seat! Good job!

Erin said...

I am seriously impressed! You did such a great job!