Happy Family

Happy Family

Friday, July 16, 2010

Portland


We went to Portland a couple weeks ago to visit cousin Nathan. Thad was hoping to get a root canal. That part didn't work out, but they did file down some points on his molars that were causing him pain, and he says it's much better now.
My brother Danny lives in Northern Cali, and I don't get to see him much. I texted him, half joking, as we headed out to Portland (a 3+ hr drive for us), "Hey, you wanna meet me in Portland this weekend?" I got his reply the next morning: "I'm already here. Come find me." I thought he was joking! But when I called him, it turns out he had happened to fly into Portland that evening, hoping to catch a train to Sacramento with some buddies of his. Then he would fly back to McKinleyville (his home) from Sacramento. I LOVE his adventurous spirit!
And as it turns out, he flew to Fiji and New Zealand the next week!
Anyway, we got to hang out for a bit before he caught his train. It was REALLY great to see him even if it was just for an hour or two! And Siena LOVED playing with her cousins Adelei, Brielle and baby Elijah.

No comments: