Happy Family

Happy Family

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Getting Creative in Cedar



So I went down to Cedar City one last time before Cora arrives to visit my sister Melissa last week. We got a little creative (maybe my version of nesting?), and made somebeautiful cake stands (her idea) and record bowls (my idea). We made the cake stands from thrifted platters, a goblet and an ice cream serving dish. Just washed and glued. For the record bowls, you just heat an oven to 200 degrees, place a record on top of an upside down oven-safe bowl on top of a cookie sheet for 7 or 8 minutes. Take out, place record in bowl and shape.
We got everything but the glue at D.I., and had a fabulous time creating together. Here are some pics. Thad's giving a nice booty shot in the first pic ;)

2 comments:

loren and sarah said...

those certainly look like a lot of fun! I'm thinking about you guys. I know Cora is arriving any day now!

Melanie said...

You're due so soon now!!! Good luck!!!!

Looks like you've been seeing your sis a lot, that's nice. It's always fun to do that.

I saw the shout-out smoothie pix and recipe. I'm so glad I can be of assistance in helping people and their children be healthy. I've converted a couple of my friends here, too!! WOOT WOOT!