Happy Family

Happy Family

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentines









o

My sister Melissa came to visit this weekend, and we had a great time celebrating Valentines together. She and I slaved for 2 and a half hours making "Mormon" tiramisu Friday night for our fancy dinner on Saturday. It turned out really good, but I'm still not sure if it was worth 180 minutes. But we had fun together, so no complaints :)
For the actual dinner on Saturday night, we have a tradition of Thad making an awesome seafood dinner. He made his famous salmon (although we ALL agreed it was his best salmon ever, and I'm not sure if it could EVER be topped, by anyone, anywhere! It was THAT good!) And he made king crab, pulling all the meat out of the shells for us, and some great scallops. We also couldn't get enough of his asparagus (he had to make extra for us after we were all done), and the rice pilaf added a bit of color.
Along with the gorgeous roses from Thad, some nice Valentine chocolates, and Thad's placemat I made him with hearts on it with the words of 101 things I wrote up that I love about him inside the hearts, the ambience was complete.
We finished the night by watching a great movie together (The Blind Side).
Then tonight for actual valentines day, I made 7-layer bean dip, that we ate with candlelight. So romantic ... ;)

3 comments:

loren and sarah said...

I love that your V-day dinner was actually 7 layer bean dip! I can't wait to try some of Thad's seafood cooking this summer when I come visit you guys!

MUCH LOVE to my FAVORITE family!

Cami said...

Looks like you had fun! Congrats on the very soon arrival of your little girl. Our girl Clara looks nothing like Daniel, so you might be in for a surprise. Hope you are feeling well.

Amanda said...

Loved all the smooching pics. :) You guys know how to do Valentine's right. What a feast!