Happy Family

Happy Family

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Visiting in Cedar City





I had last Monday off of work, so Siena and I (and baby Cora in utero) all went down to Cedar City to visit Aunt Melissa, Uncle David and cousin Jairus. We had a marvelous time making delectable meals, going to a baby shower, frequenting the dollar store (more of a tradition, really),playing games, and seeing “The Music Man” a local small town childrens performance. Siena has this new thing where she likes to call me "Jamie", so during intermission, she went up on stage (she didn't see me following right behind her). As soon as she got on stage, she scanned the audience and started shouting for me: "Jamie! Jamie!" In public, really! Pretty funny, I have to admit (even if I don't love the idea that she calls me by my first name).
And, as it turns out, Siena and Jairus are TWINS! Real twins, I had them both! haha. You’d be surprised how often we’re out in public and people actually ask us if they’re twins. (Come ON people!) Siena saw an old Asian guy in the dollar store and started calling “Dadda, Dadda” You can imagine her disappointment when she realized her mistake. We hope to go visit again soon, since Jairus and Siena have become such good friends (When she’s not hitting him, and he’s not pulling her hair).

3 comments:

Erin said...

Cora is a pretty name!

Michael's nickname for me is "Nire" and when Liam was little he went through a phase where he called me Nire. It was pretty hilarious. I miss it now :)

That is too funny that you get asked if Siena and Jairus are twins. Some people!!

Melissa Eggertsen said...

I had so much fun with you....it makes me so grateful to have you as my sister, I sure love you! Glad you could figure out how to get the pics off my blog. I'm excited to see you in a couple weeks!

Mary said...

Cousins are so fun! You are a cute prego momma.