Happy Family

Happy Family

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Fossil Hunting & Thistle











Yesterday we went for a road trip with our friends, the Horns, through Spanish Fork canyon to do some fossil hunting. Thad found a couple of awesome shells, I found a grasshopper-looking fish thing, and my friend Christie found a perfectly formed (and fossilized) fish along with some plants and other unidentifiable but definitely authentic fossils. Thad even found some mud along the way! What good explorers!
On the way back, we stopped at the ghost town of Thistle. It was destroyed in 1983 when there was a huge mudslide that dammed up the river that flooded the town. The floors of the houses are still under water!

3 comments:

flagtown said...

blueocean10That is so awesome. Your daughter is so cute. Hey next time you go to Brazil let me know. My hubby served in Belo Horizonte, and we would love to go back.

Romi said...

This might be a silly question...but hey, it's me we're talking about ;)...how'd you know where to go look for fossils? That looks like it was lots of fun!

loren and sarah said...

Great pictures! I'll have to send you the pics I took of you and Siena from Korea. I've run out of time. I'm glad to see that you guys had so much fun exploring.