Happy Family

Happy Family

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Diaper Duty





I thought we would share a post about Siena's fabulous cloth diapers. Now rest assured these aren't old school with safety pins and plastic pants and all of that good stuff, heavens no! She's got the Bum Genius, the best of the best, with velcro closures, super absorbable inserts, and the best part... they are adjustable! They have snaps in the front that you can adjust to any size from 3 months to 3 years (hopefully she is potty trained before then!). And I never thought I could deal with baby poop, but what they say, 'it's different when it's your own' is really true! I don't even mind so much ... most of the time :)
I also posted 2 pictures of Siena's favorite positions. She loves looking at the world upside-down!

6 comments:

Erin said...

awesome! i love the idea of reusable diapers but for some (dumb) reason I am hesitant of the initial investment.

siena is growing so fast!

Melanie said...

Cute girl, you have Jamie!

I cannot believe you're doing cloth diapers. Good for you. I'll never do them! I want to know what you think of cloth diapers a year from now. Poop of older children... not as easy to clean up. Hail to the disposable diapers!

mindy said...

ooh, bum genius! The cadillac of cloth diapers! As for us, we just use good ol' prefolds, a snappi and a cover. Bum genius weren't even around (I don't think) when I started CDing 6+ years ago. And the way my kids grow, I have to be highly suspicious of "one size" anything. But my friends who have some bum genius certainly love them.

It makes me happy that you are cloth diapering. People are much more scared of it than they need to be. As you said, these aren't your momma's diapers. ;o)

Misty said...

you're a brave woman! cloth diapers? =)

Luv2run said...

Wow, the cool things they added to cloth diapers now days. :-)

Amanda said...

Yay! Save the earth!