Happy Family

Happy Family

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Siena's Stepping Stones



I wanted to get some more recent pictures up here. I took these 1 minute ago. You can tell she is sleeping right now (the only time I get a chance to blog).
So I have been charting the amazing things that Siena has done over the past 4 weeks. That's right, she turned 4 weeks old today! Here are her amazing feats:

Day 1 - She cried real tears (and has ever since- it totally breaks my heart!)
Day 2 - She had a fixed gaze and looked directly into our eyes
Day 3 - She pushed her whole body up with her strong, muscular legs. She's Actually got definition on those babies!
Day 4 - She lifted up and turned her head while laying on my chest
Day 5 - She lost her umbilical cord
Day 6 - She had gained back her birth weight (+1 ounce!)
Day 7 - She rolled on to her side to go to sleep. This is the position she prefers to sleep in.
Week 2 - She didn't cry when I gave her a bath. She never cries for diaper changes either- it's great!
Week 3 - She turned her whole body over! (She was lying on a pillow, so this probably helped) Also, her salivary glands kicked in and she learned how to drool.
Week 4- Siena is 4 weeks old today! She just keeps getting cuter! I can see more and more of myself in her every day. When I first saw her, I thought she was just Thad's baby. But it turns out that even though she was fortunate enough to inherit his good skin and hair coloring, she has a LOT of my features! She looks a lot like I did when I was a little baby- it's pretty amazing!

1 comment:

tasci said...

Oh, those are definitely James' lips! I love my Jamie's lips, I'm glad little Siena got them;)