Happy Family

Happy Family

Friday, July 26, 2013

Leila's Arrival

I had a distinct feeling that this baby was supposed to be born on my birthday. And apparently this baby thought so too! (I'm sure the 2 -mile hike in the mud with Tessa on my back the day before may have helped...). I could feel my body easing into labor the night before my birthday.
Tessa's holding the baby- everyone's happy :)
I labored for 4 hours with contractions every 7 minutes. Thad had a 2.5 hour drive. I had still been contracting every 7 minutes up until Thad's arrival at 8:45. Leila made sure her daddy was there, and was born 15 minutes later, at 9:00. The midwives arrived at 9:06. Siena was my doula, who held my hand and helped me breathe through the contractions. She turned the bathtub water on for me when it became evident that this baby was coming sooner than the birthing tub. Daddy caught Leila, and we were all surprised that she had bluish-grayish eyes and strawberry blonde hair (with daddy's eyelids and nose). It was a very calm birth, with only our family- dad and 2 sisters. She is such a blessing!
Tessa's a little sad because she's not holding the baby


I don't know why, I just love this one, lol!





8 lbs, 6 oz, 21 inches long

No comments: