Happy Family

Happy Family

Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Beach

Our annual California beach vacation could have been disastrous, since the moment we arrived and turned off the car and I noticed it was leaking. A lot. I took it right into the shop, expecting it to be finished in a could of hours, while I was meanwhile, trying to keep the girls in a burger joint a couple blocks away for 3 hours... When I finally got through, and was told that my car wouldn't be done until the next day, I had my awesome friend Shauna come pick us up on her lunch break. The next day right before closing time, I was told that they had ordered the wrong gasket... The day after that, I was told that when they tried to replace the (finally received) correct gasket, they noticed something else that was broken (the manifold?). Anyway, When the car was finally "finished" 3 days into it, I drove 5 minutes before it completely overheated. I was irate. It took us another hour to get it back to the shop, because of waiting for the engine to cool down and continued overheating. By that time, the shop was closed. I finally got my car back in working condition after paying 3x the original quote, waiting 8 times longer than expected and making it home a day late.
I feel so blessed to have my friend Shauna, who took us to Trader Joe's and Ikea (my 2 To-Do places) and let us borrow her car so I could take the girls to the beach! She was a complete life-saver!!! Thank you Shauna!!
So here are some pics of us enjoying SoCal :)
Tess putting the finishing touch on Siena's castle

I'm really not naked here, I promise!


I'm not sure what's up with Siena's face here, but I think it's kinda hilarious!

Loving the beach!


After enjoying the yummy chocolate cake at Ikea
Siena's sand angel

Siena's sand castle

2 comments:

Melissa Eggertsen said...

Haha! How fun! I really wanted to see a pic of you in the hot swimsuit, just to confirm that it actually exists! :-)

Jamie Garlick said...

Just scroll down a bit, it's in an earlier post (may 3 posts below?) I couldn't see the pics after I took them, the sun was so bright, but I laughed when I saw them later, since you can't tell that I'm wearing anything!