Happy Family

Happy Family

Thursday, June 2, 2011

3K


Have you ever ran a marathon? Or wanted to run a marathon? Is it on your bucket list?
It seems like everybody and their dog is running, has run or is planning to run a marathon. Apparently, it's just the thing to do.
I am not one of those people. Running has never been my thing. I don't enjoy it, I don't get a rush, I just get tired and sweaty. I respect those who do enjoy it, I just can't relate to them.
So when my whole school put on a 3K to benefit the art and music programs, and everyone was required to participate, I hesitated. I decided I could do it if I walked the whole way, and I could take my girls with me. And with a record-breaking time (for me, since it was my first and likely only) of 1hr, 8 minutes, I made it all the way to the finish line :)

No comments: